St. Xavier's Collegiate School was established in the year 1860 in Kolkata, India by the Jesuits (missionary priests belonging to the order of the Society of Jesus). The School comprises of two school buildings separated by an intersection; one building pertains to the Primary Section (classes Prep - 5) and the other houses the Secondary section (classes 6-12). The Secondary section shares the campus alongside the College. The school is a Catholic Institution but admits and houses students from all religious denominations, caste and creed. In fact non-Christian students make up a large segment of the school.