AddressLebong Cart Rd, North Point, Darjeeling, West BengalNorthpointLebong Cart Rd, North Point, Darjeeling, West BengalDarjeelingIndia
Basic InformationSt. Joseph School, North Point, Darjeeling was established in 1888 by Fr Henri Depelchin a Belgian Jesuit priest. It originally opened at Sunny Bank in Darjeeling town on February 13, 1888 for eighteen boarders and seven day scholars and was subsequently shifted to its present location, North Point, on February 18, 1892. The magnificent edifice that is St. Joseph? was the brainchild of Brother Eugene Rotsaert and his team of two thousand labourers. This structure, with minor modifications, catered and adapted to the needs of the times and its expanding student body from an initial 193 boys to over 1000 students today.