On 1 April 1954, Shri Satikanta Guha founded South Point School at 16 Mandeville Gardens in south Kolkata with Smt. Prityalata Guha as the associate founder. It began with only twenty students and a band of committed teachers. He drew his first faculty from the cultural, literary and artistic milieu of Bengal. The School soon made legendary progress in all fields by all standards. It is now run by the South Point Education Society. An English-medium and co-educational School, South Point has played a significant role in the social and intellectual history of post-Independent Kolkata.