It was in 1954, that Rev. Mark and Huldah Buntain came to the city of Calcutta and began holding tent meetings. There was no looking back. Despite many struggles, 1959 saw the dedication of the Assembly of God Church at Royd Street, the first church to be built in the city of Calcutta after a hundred years! The Assembly of God Church School was established in 1964, to meet the need of the many children in the city who had no school to attend. The present Park Street campus, (which was once the North Park Street Cemetery and the Mission Cemetery) houses the Mark Buntain Memorial Church, the Mercy Hospital, the AG towers and The Assembly of God Church School (Senior Section).